Friday, March 9, 2018

Backyard in Winter, Casa Azul

iPad painting, 10" x 14"

After having spent months in transition, I have finally settled (for now) in the vicinity of Arroyo Seco, a little town just a few miles north of Taos, New Mexico.  It has been, and continues to be, a challenging time for me but not without its plusses.  The landscape, for one, is extraordinary and begs to be painted.  Also, I am happily enrolled in a painting class at the University of New Mexico with a fantastic teacher and artist, Sarah Stolar, which marks my first foray into formal art education.  It is pushing me in new directions which I hope will soon be reflected in my art.  

In the meantime, here's a digital sketch of the view from my place of Taos Mountain, the outline of which is obscured by cloud cover.   There will be paintings of that mountain to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment