Thursday, October 19, 2023

Dana

oil on panel, 12" x 9"

This is the finished second portrait of Dana in Jacob Dhein's portrait workshop.  It was challenging in that the light sources were multiple.  I worked from a photo taken indoors during the day and with ambient light sources coming in on three sides, plus an overhead light.  I tried to evoke a sense of balance with it, but more importantly with this one, I wanted to capture her innate sweetness of nature, and in that regard, I'm happy with how it turned out.  I also tried to incorporate a bit of abstraction but not confident enough with the technique yet to know how far to push it.  That's why I'm taking his class. Remains to be seen what Jacob thinks.   Update 12.5.2023:  Just swapped in the finished portrait after applying a few refinements suggested by Jacob.  

No comments:

Post a Comment